Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Balloon Girl Wall Hanging

Morning, Today I am sharing a project I made with the New Banksy XL stamps that Bev launched on Hochanda recently. The show was repeated yesterday, so it will still be available on catch via their website. It's a great show full of inspiration and fantastic samples from the Design Team.

To begin with I painted my board with white gesso, then placed a very large Moon/sun mask in the sky.

Next I took the balloon girl stamp and using versamark ink I stamped her and then used white embossing powder. I wanted to layer her up later to give more dimension.

I then removed the moon mask and stamped the balloon part with black archival ink.

I stamped the little 'Hope' girl using the same white embossing powder, then stamped her on some copier paper to act as a mask. Once she was in place I placed a wall mask over the top.


I filled between the mask with sand texture paste, staggering the wall so it wasn't uniform.

I replaced all of the masks to add colour and clouds to the sky using Shaded Lilac and Faded Jeans Distress Ink. I removed the sun mask and coloured it using Scattered Straw and a little Wild Honey. I coloured the brickwork using a mixture of Gathered Twigs and Hickory Smoke.

I used the Friendship stamp, stamped onto super smooth card and distressed around the edges with Faded Jeans.

Next I stamped the balloon girl in black Archival and the little girl in Cobalt Archival. I then cut them out and decoupaged onto the piece. This added more dimension and perspective to the project, I used 3D glue gel to secure the stamped images.

Thank you so much for joining me today. I do hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the project I have shared today. I really hope you will join me again next time. Take care xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...