Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Marleen DT - Banksy XL - Hochanda samples

Hello Bloggers

For today I want to share the samples I made for the BeeCrafty show on Hochanda, yesterday.
Did you catch the shows? Our Bev was fab as always. Great demo's and always so lively and fun.

If you missed the shows, catch them on "catch up" over on Hochanda and all the stamps will also be in the BeeCrafty STORE with all the other yummy goodies.
Find the new "Inspired by Banksy XL" stamps HERE.

Here are all my samples:
 I started with a green sheet of cardstock. I stamped my Ghetto Rat and embossed with black embossing powder. I then cut up, Yep CUT up my "friendship" stamp to isolate the "friends" and stamped repeatedly and embossed with different colours of embossing powders.
I finished by adding the brick stencil over and added a bit of distress ink.
 The picture dont really do this card justice. The card is actually high gloss as I covered the whole  area around the "Flower Riot" boy with clear embossing powder.
This card is made on linnen textured card so it also have loads of texture even though its flat.
This is also the reason that my boy aint more solid in colour. The texture makes it more diffecult to get a solid stamp and this was one of my first attemts on linnen card. If I had wanted a more solid image, I would just have restamped him. The stamps are all clear polymer so very easy to see through. However I decided to keep him "faded" as it really matched the sentiment. I did however outline my boy woth a black marker just to make him "pop" more.
 No magic tricks here. Just loads of diftress ink on linnen card, stamped in black, water splashes and rounded corners.
 This one is the same as above really. Only difference is, that I stamped "hope" on a seperate piece of card and kept the distress ink lighter (same colours as background)
I stamped the ballon seperate also and embossed it with black embossing powder.
 On this one I decided I wanted to try something different. I love black on white, but decided to do white on black instead. I just stamped "Hope" and my sentiment on to black card and heat embossed with white, cut it to fit my card blank and made the silver strip but cutting the strip from scrap card and embossing it with silver. The balloon I stamped and added black embossing powder bar to the bottom of the string which I embossed with white.

 Oh the glitter came out for these next 2. I DO love the effect of glitter but by god, it makes a mess.. No matter how careful you are lol..
This one was made by adding double sided sticky sheet onto my cardstock. I measured it to size first. I then stuck on the black strips of card and covered the rest in glitter. The trick is to burnish the glitter really well. that will stop too much from falling off in the post.
The stars are diecut and I stamped and coloured my "Ghetto blaster boy" with distress ink.
 This one is made similar to above. Only difference is that I stamped and inked my background first and then added clear glitter. My "Balloon girl" is embossed with black embossing powder.
 Very simple.. Lots of distress ink, stamping and water splashes.
These stamps are so big they can carry a larger card alone.
 Very simple again. Distress ink, stamping & water splashes. Only difference here is that I ran my card stock through my big shot with the brick stencil.
And the same again. Just different colours..

And that is all from me for today.
Many thanks for popping by and for any comments left behind.
  If you want to see more of my work, come visit me on FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or my FB page. Its where I share the most.
 Happy Crafting

1 comment:

tanya miller said...

Fab makes. I saw the show xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...