Friday, April 07, 2017

Emily DT - Faith

Hi everyone, who is going to Ally Pally this weekend? I am, it's my first time going and I'm really excited!

My card this week is a really quick, easy card which can be made in a hurry to suit most occasions.
Here is the card I have made...


I started with a square of white card. I chose three colours of mini distress inks and swiped the ink pads directly over the card. You always get a different effect doing this technique, and I like how the colours blend together. If you are going to have a go at this, you can't hesitate, you just need to commit!

Obviously this works better with the mini ink pads but could be done on a larger scale with the full size ink pads.


I chose a floral stamp to be the feature but you could use anything really. This technique would look great with some of the Banksy stamps! I painted on a bit of water to highlight the flowers, just to make them stand out from the dark colours behind.

I then stamped the Faith sentiment up the side of the card in black Memento ink.


Some black card and a card blank later, it was finished!

I like using this technique as you can create a very funky background in literally a few seconds, and it can suit most occasions, depending on the colours you use.

I hope you guys like the card!

See you next week with some of my Hochanda Ally Pally samples.

Emily x

1 comment:

Jan Loughran said...

Love the simplicity of this yet it's so effective. ❤

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...