Saturday, March 16, 2019

Jane DT - 'Everyting is Possible..'. Art Journal Spread

Hello!

Today on the Buzzy Goings on at Bee Crafty blog I am sharing a step by step photo tutorial of how I created an art journal spread using some of the beautiful stamps that are part of this week's Wednesday Wow! and the gorgeous Rosie stamp...


* I started out on the first double page of a new 6" square art journal and painted on a strip of colour using 2 different shades of pink acrylic paint.  Before this had a chance to dry too much I used the sunset d'inkable to wipe some of the paint away...


* Next I wanted to add another bright colour so used orange through the stars d'inkable...


* I wanted to add a contrasting colour to the orange so chose turquoise paint and although I tried really hard to choose a different stencil I was drawn back to the gorgeous circles d'inkable...


* To tone down the blue I added some buff coloured paint and white paint pen to the circles...


* For the stamping I wanted to echo the circle shapes so chose two of the stamps from the Texture, Film Strip and Circles set.  I used the edge of the grungy stamp with teal archival ink and one of the circles with black archival ink...


* At this point I felt I needed some more white elements so added some splatters using watered down white paint.  Then I stamped the film strip twice onto tissue paper and cut them out, they were then applied to the page using matte medium...


* Finally I created my focal points using Rosie from the Fashionettes (these stamps can be found at a reduced price in the discontinued stamps section!) and the words from Boy, Girl, Work in the Wordage stamps...



To create this spread I used the following products:

* D'Inkables - Sunset, Stars, Circles
* Art Stamps - Texture, Film Strip and Circles Set
* Wordage - Boy, Girl, Work
* Fashionettes - Rosie
* Archival Inkpads

The Wednesday Wow! will continue through until midnight on Sunday (17th March) and they have a fantastic discount on them!  Also do check out the discontinued stamps section where there are great bargains to be had.

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...