Thursday, March 31, 2022

Sue CT - Mandala Stamps

Sue CT Mandala Stamps

 I cannot stop using the Mandala stamps and this week I have made another journal page in my 8x8 journal.

 

Products I Have Used


Bee Crafty Inkable Stencils

Texture Disc Set 2

6x6 Splats

6x6 Perspective Circles

6x6 Sunset Large

6x6 Text

 Bee Crafty Stamps

Crackle

Mandala 1

Mandala 2

Small Words 1

Doodle Art Sunflower Regular

Coffee Stains

Distress Oxide Inks

Saltwater Taffy

Scattered Straw

Picked Raspberry

Distress Inks

Saltwater Taffy

Scattered Straw

Picked Raspberry

Other Products

Black Archival Ink

Hero Arts White Ink

Black pen

White Posca Pen

Ranger Distress Collage Medium


I started off by using the oxide inks and blending them over the page. I then sprinkled the page with water and placed a tissue over to mop the excess ink away and allowed the page to dry thoroughly.



I then used the stencils and randomly brushed through with the distress inks, starting with the text Inkable and moving on to the others I have listed above.



Next, I stamped the two chosen Mandala stamps onto scrap card and coloured them using the distress inks. There was no need to colour the centre of the larger mandala as it was going to be covered by the smaller one.


 I added some detail using the white pen and then layered the smaller mandala on top of the larger one.


I cut some strips of card and stamped the words using the Saltwater Taffy ink and used a small stamp from the Doodle Art Sunflower to create an edging to the strips of card. The stamp is actually curved but can easily be straightened when you put it on your block.


I added some Distress Oxide ink to the edges of the strips before adhering them under the edges of the mandala stamp. I felt that my page needed more detail so I added some of the coffee stain stamps in Saltwater Taffy and white ink to the background. Finally, I added some detail around the edges of the page, the centre image, and the word strips with a black pen.

 

Thank you for looking at the blog this week.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Linda Angeletta said...

Thank you ...love it...Will have a go...thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...