Thursday, April 07, 2022

Sue CT Shades of Brown

 Sue CT Shades of Brown

I have bought quite a few browns recently to bulk out my Distress Ink collection and decided to use some of them this week to make a tag to see what the colours look like when used together.


 

Products used this week

Bee Crafty Inkables

DinkablesSet 1

Dinkables Set 3

Dinkables Set 7

Tags Set 1

Texture Discs Set 2

Bee Crafty Stamps

Birds and Butterflies Regular Plus Matching Dies

Birds and Butterflies XL Plus Matching Dies

Pocket Watch - Alternative MDF Pocketwatch

Time Words

Beautanicals Dandelion

Distress Inks

Frayed Burlap

Antique Linen

Rusty Hinge

Brushed Corduroy

Ground Espresso

Walnut Stain

Gathered Twigs

Pumice Stone

Archival Distress Inks

Ground Espresso

Vintage Photo

Heat Resistant Acetate

Alcohol Pens

Distress Collage Medium

Size 10 tag

Versamark Ink Pad

Gold Ultra Fine Embossing Powder


 First, I covered the tag in Antique Linen Distress Ink to give a softer base to work on.

I then used Antique Linen Distress Ink and the Tag Inkables Set 1 to create some texture on the background.



Next, I used the Rusty Hinge ink to stamp the smaller of the dandelion heads and Brushed Corduroy to stamp the larger dandelion and repeated with Frayed Burlap and Pumice Stone inks. I also added some more detail along the top of the tag by using a Dinkable from Set 7 and Antique Linen.


 I then stamped several of the butterflies from each of the sets using Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs and Frayed Burlap.

 

I also stamped them onto heat resistant acetate along with the Pocket Watch, which I embossed using ultra fine embossing powder. After allowing them to dry thoroughly I coloured the backs of the butterflies using alcohol pens. You could also use the MDF Pocketwatch which would look really good if painted and then added to your project.


 Next, I stamped the sentiment using Ground Espresso Archival Ink after using Antique Linen to colour the card. I then cut the sentiment into individual words in order to place them on the tag.

 

I cut a circle of card and using Antique Linen coloured the card and then stencilled through using the same ink and one of the texture Discs from Set 2. I wanted to provide a backing for the watch to make it look more realistic.


 Finally, I edged the tag with Antique linen followed by Frayed Burlap and Used Collage Medium to stick everything to the tag. I also outlined the words to make them stand out a bit more and added a shadow to the pocket watch.

 

Many thanks for looking at the blog today, I hope you all get a chance to do some crafting over the next few days.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Fabulous tag. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...