Thursday, May 25, 2023

Alison CT - Transparency print with media paper background.

Hi everyone, I decided I wanted to use the paint splat media paper for a background in my Dylusions creative mini journal. Here are step by step instruction for what I did to create this page.
To begin, I placed the media paper over a double page and carefully drew a light pencil line just inside the edge of the page. Next I followed this pencil line with a wet paintbrush and tore along the wet line carefully.

Next I applied distress collage medium to bith the page and the back of the media paper. I then carefully positioned it on the page. Then I used a large flat brush, with more collage medium to brush the media paper into the crease of the double page. I then applied collage medium from the crease out to the edge of the page to ensure all edges were stuck down. Leave to dry.

Next I used the damask inkable with lumberjack plaid distress ink to add two areas of the design to the top right and bottom left of the page. Dry this ink, with a heat gun, as the collage medium will slow drying time.
Next I applied grit texture paste through the perspective dots inkable and dried it with a heat gun. Next I used the crackle stamp with lumberjack plaid ink. 

Next I stamped one of the freehand borders 2 onto the two pages using the lumberjack plaid ink. 

I cut out my chosen transparencies. 

I then stamped a selection of the rainbows from the journaling essentials 1 stamp set using the same ink around the page and glued the transparencies in place using collage medium. I then stamped two sentiments, cut them out and glued them to the page. 
Products used:
Inkables 6x6 - Damask, Perspective Dots
Distress Ink - Lumberjack Plaid
Art Stamps - Crackle Background, Freehand Borders 2, Journaling Essentials 1
Wordage Stamps - Mixed Messages 1 and 3

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...