Sunday, March 31, 2024

Alison CT - Butterfly Circles

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing an art journal page created using circles and the Doodle Art Butterfly stamp.

I began by blending Frayed Burlap distress oxide ink over the centre of the page, then I stamped areas of the crackle background using the same ink.

Next I used Aged Mahogany distress oxide to add freehand areas of the Script Background stamp. I used 1st, 2nd and 3rd generations of the ink to give different shades to it.
Then, using Ground Espresso distress oxide,  I stamped the stitch style stamp from the Freehand Borders stamp set vertically, horizontally and diagonally on the page.

Next I curved the row of hearts, from the Journal Art Elements 2 stamp set, onto my super skinny slim and stamped it twice onto the page using Ground Espresso ink.
On seperate card, I stamped the Doodle Art Butterfly and a variety of circle stamps using ground espresso ink. The circles are from the Dragonfly, Journaling Essentials 1 and 2 and Journal Art Elements 3. I coloured these with a waterbrush and ground espresso and aged mahogany ink.
I decided the background needed something else, so I added the numbers using aged mahogany. 
Next I glued the butterfly and circles to the page using distress collage medium.

Finally I added a sentiment from Ticker Tape 1, which I had stamped using ground espresso ink. 

Products used:
Distress Oxide  - ground espresso, aged mahogany and freyed burlap 

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...