Sunday, April 21, 2024

Alison CT - Hey Sunshine

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing this fairly simple card, which I created using three stamps and a super skinny slim.

To begin, I cut a piece of watercolour card in to a 14cm square. Then I added two colours (evergreen bough and prize ribbon) distress ink to the larger square super skinny slim.

I spritzed this lightly with water and then pressed it, ink side down, in the centre of my piece of card.  I lightly pressed down on it, then removed it. I left the ink to dry naturally. 
On a piece of seperate watercolour card, I stamped and heat embossed with clear embossing powder the flower head of the doodle art sunflower stamp. I used versafine clair nocturne ink and ranger clear embossing powder. I coloured the flower with tea dye, mustard seed and brushed corduroy distress ink. I added shadows and shading with my polychromos pencil crayons. I then cut it out.

Next I stamped the heart border, from the sunflower stamp set, around the edge of the inky square background. I used versafine clair nocturne and ensured as I turned the card all the points of the heart faced inwards. 
As the border was too long for the square I used post-it notes to mask off where I didn't want it.

If the borders don't quite meet, you can use a micron pen to fill the gaps.
Next I blended prize ribbon distress ink around the edge of the background piece.
I, then, glued this background piece to a 6" square card blank and add the sunflower centrally to the background.

Using versafine clair nocturne ink stamp the hey sunshine sentiment, from Mixed Messages 4, around the flower. 

Products used

Distress Ink - prize ribbon, evergreen bough, mustard seed, brushed corduroy, tea dye
Pencil crayons

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...