Sunday, June 30, 2024

Alison CT - The Magic of Words

Hi everyone, it's Sunday again, and my turn to post a step by step project. This week I wanted to do something that can be easily adapted if you don't have many supplies.
To begin, I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry and Pearl Color watercolour paints to create a wash style background.

Once the background had dried naturally, I used a black posca pen to add splats. I left them to dry naturally. 

Next, I drew round the edge of the inner part of the octagonal 6" easy frame using a 3M black posca pen. I removed the easy frame and drew two more freehand lines.

Then I took the leaf border, from the freehand borders 1 stamp set, and stamped it several times using versafine clair nocturne ink. 

Next I stamped the crosses and dots stamp from Journaling Essentials 1 using the nocturne ink. 
Then I stamped a selection of words (sometimes just a single word from longer sentiments) from a my collection of Wordage stamps. I cut them out.
If you don't have many sentiment stamps these could be cut from magazines, newspapers or old book pages.
I, then, glued these words randomly around the bottom half of the octagon.

Next I stamped the word 'magic' using the typewriter alpha stamp set, cut it out and edged with a black pen.
I glued the word magic to the top left of the octagon and hand wrote the words 'the, of and words' in the appropriate place around it.

Products used:
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors and Pearl Colors watercolour paints
Black 3M posca pen

Thank you for taking a look. 
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...