Monday, June 07, 2021

Sally DT - Do what you love card

                                   


Last week I treated myself to some more Dina Wakely Gloss sprays and decided to have a play with them for my blog post this week. 

Here is what I used to make my card:

15cm square card blank

14cm square of mixed media card

Dina Wakely gloss sprays in Heather, Mineral, Lime and Eggplant

Faces - Whatever Works stamp set

Inkable Easy frame circle

Inkable big one - Bakewell

Small Words stamp set

Archival ink in Cobalt and Majestic Violet

blending brush

Versamark ink 

White embossing powder

Dark blue scrap of card

First I sprayed the mixed media card with the 3 paler gloss sprays and left to dry.

Next I stamped the face onto the sprayed card with the blue Archival ink. Make sure you use a juicy inkpad for this and don't leave it on the sprayed surface for too long or it will stick. I also stamped the other eye, lining up the eyebrows.

Once the ink was dry I placed the Bakewell inkable and inny circle mask over the face before spraying with the Egg plant gloss spray. I put the Bakewell on the right hand side, leaving an area on the left of the sprayed card not stencilled.

After removing the stencil/masks and putting them into a bowl of water, I used the tubes from the bottles to splatter the colours across the sprayed card.

I used the same part of the bottle to draw some solid lines of the spray where the edge of the big one stopped.
once this was dry I placed the circle back over the face and used a blending brush to add a little extra shading in the purple archival ink around the edge of the circle and the edge of the card panel.
finally I mounted it onto a blank white card and added a sentiment (white embossed onto a scrap of navy blue card)
I can see I am going to have so much fun with the sprays as well as the stamps! 
Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...