Monday, June 21, 2021

Sally DT - a Dragonfly Tag

  Hi there!  This month's challenge over on the Bee Crafty Facebook group is to show us your journal pages and tags. There are 3 entries allowed per person so you can do both if you wish to! Today I have an mdf doodle art dragonfly tag for you. 

I used

MDF tag

Ranger Distress grit paste

coffee stain script and perspective circles inkables

Dina Wakely heavy body acrylic paints - Ocean, Turquoise and Lime

Dina Wakely clear gesso

Pretty gets Gritty explosion powder - mars

Dina Wakely gloss spray -Lime

Texture Border stamps

Texture circle stamps

Doodle Art XL dragonfly stamp

Ecoline pens

Watercolour paper

Glossy accents

Black card

White embossing powder

Small words stamp set

Versafine ink - tuxedo black

Archival inks

Versamark ink 

Copper gel pen

gel medium

I began by applying some grit paste through the stencils to the mdf tag

Once this was dry, I painted the tag with the three colours of paint.
Next I mixed a little clear gesso with the explosion powder and applied it over the raised areas on the tag.
I stamped the borders and circles with the archival ink.
Next I splattered the tag with a little of the gloss spray and left it to dry.

I stamped the dragonfly in versafine ink onto the watercolour paper, then coloured it with the ecoline pens.

I cut it out and stuck it to the tag with gel medium, applying a little glossy accents along the body.

Finally I stamped a sentiment onto black card and heat embossed in white, adding it to the bottom corner. I also added a few bits of copper gel pen to the tag and the butterfly.

Here is another look at the finished tag with a piece of coordinating ribbon. 
Thanks for looking and I hope to see your tags in the challenge album too! 

2 comments:

Anjoy64 said...

Wow! Awesome ❤️

Owllycrafter said...

Beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...