Monday, August 09, 2021

Sally DT - Being Happy Butterfly Art Journal spread

Hi There! I had lots of inky painty fun with this journal spread in my Dylusions Journal (mini) over the weekend. Here is a step by step to show what I did. 

 
I had some spray left in a couple of my mini misters that I wanted to use for something else, so I sprayed them onto a page in my journal and let them run across the pages. 

I wanted to cover up the ink from other pages that had seeped in at the page crease, so I painted lots of stripes with a fine paint brush and Dina Wakely acrylic paints in ocean, turquoise and lime. 
Next I used the dotty border stamp with versafine clair ink in warm breeze around the edges. 
I used distress oxide inks in salvaged patina, salty ocean and peacock feathers to stamp the coffee stains randomly across the pages
I also added a few bits of the ledger stamp randomly around the page without an acrylic block
Next I took the small butterfly inkable and brushed distress oxide ink in blueprint sketch around the edges, then set it aside.
I stamped three butterflies and a sentiment in Versafine Clair twilight ink onto Dina Wakely Collage paper,
then stuck them to the page using matte medium
I also added some white and sparkly highlights with a gelly roll clear stardust pen and a posca pen. A few gold sequins finished it off.
Here are close ups of each page
  


Here are links to the products I used:
Dylusions Journal
Dina Wakely heavy body acrylic paint in Lime, Ocean and Turquoise
Distress oxide inks in Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Salvaged Patina and Blueprint Sketch
 Butterfly stamps - a bargain in the end of line section
Sequins
The Butterfly inkable is available as part of a set on the Craft Store website (Shop by Brand and look for Bee Crafty)

I really enjoyed creating this in all my favourite colours!  The Bee Crafty Stamps facebook group has a challenge for August of  'Show us your stamping and use Inkables'. We would love to see your entries using Bee Crafty products. 
Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...