Friday, August 20, 2021

Sea.. by DT Ann

 SEA

By DT Ann 



Did you see Bev on TV … what a happy hour that was!! Bargains & sell outs galore… 
I didn’t realise the lighthouses were on too so a happy coincidence that today’s card is made using the XL Lighthouse.. some inspiration for you when you receive your happy post ! 


Inkables: Bakewell & Dahlia
Distress Oxides :Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean & Blueprint Sketch.
Versafine Clair: Blue Belle & Tulip Red
Archival Inks: Faded Jeans & Mermaid Lagoon
White Posca & Gelly Roll Pens
White embossing powder & Versamark Ink
Cut a piece of paper 71/2” x 71/2” (19cmx19cm)
(this will make an 8x8card)



I stamped & heat embossed the lighthouse, in white, to one side of my paper … 


I started at the bottom of my card, blending the oxides.. Blueprint Sketch, then Salty Ocean, Broken China & finally Tumbled Glass…  I blended any excess ink onto a piece of paper to be used later. 


I forgot to take pictures all the way through so did the blending on another piece of card to show each stage ⬆️



Next I spritzed water onto the Bakewell Inkable, turned it waterside down on to the bottom half of my inked paper.. I put a paper towel over to catch any excess water, left it 30/40 seconds for it to oxidise & removed, then I repeated the process on the top half… 



I die cut a mask in copier paper for the lighthouse.. covered  the lighthouse & placed  the Dahlia Inkable over the top (as if it were the light shining out) & blended Salty Ocean outwards… 


On the spare piece of card (I’d wiped the excess ink on) I stamped 2 large waves, 1 smaller wave, 2 large clouds, 2 large & 1 small seagull in Archival Inks  (Faded Jeans & Mermaid Lagoon) then die cut them and glued to my card… 



On plain white card stamp I stamped..  1 small & 1large boat in Versafine Clair Tulip Red & the lighthouse in Versafine Clair Blue Belle & die cut them… 



I die cut an extra cloud & used the Typewriter Alpha stamps to spell the word SEA.. 


I used my mask again & created some splatters with a white Posca pen .. then glued the remaining elements to my card. 

I added some red Posca Pen to the lighthouse.. 

Finally I cut the windows , door & rocks out of my 2nd lighthouse to add to the one on the card. I added a few doodles & matted onto an 8x8 card .. 


The finished card … 



Thank you for stopping by… Ann xxx
















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...