Sunday, October 30, 2022

Alison CT - Swallow

Good morning everyone, and happy Sunday. Today I thought I would share an art journal page using the XL Birds and Butterflies stamp and die set.
To begin I used the Bakewell inkables big one, with freyed burlap distress oxide, to create two panels either side of the page. I then used ground espresso distress oxide, with the dots 6x6 inkable over the same areas.

Next I stamped the word adventure, from the travel words stamp set, on the top right of the page and the explore word, from the same stamp set, on the bottom left. I only inked each word once with versafine ckair pinecone ink, but stamped 6 times until the ink ran out.

Next I tore a piece of music manuscript and glued it centrally on the page using pva glue. I did this as brushing with collage medium would disturb the distress oxide background. 
Then I drew round the 4 and 6 inch heart easy frames on a piece of gelly print background, that I had in my stash. I used a pencil, so that I could rub out any residue after I had cut them out. 

Next I stamped the swallow, from the extra large stamp set, using versafine clair pinecone ink. I then die cut it out.
Glue the hearts to the page.  Again I used pva, so as not to disturb the background.
Next I glued the swallow to the large heart.
Finally, as the hearts didn't quite stand out from the page how I expected, I used a brown fineliner pen to add a drawn border to them.
Products used:
Paper from my stash - music manuscript, gelly plate pull
Art stamps - Birds and Butterflies XL and associated die set
Wordage - Travel words
Inkables Easy Frames - heart 6 inch, heart 4 inch
Versafine clair - Pinecone
Distress Oxides - Freyed burlap, ground espresso
PVA glue

Thank you so much for taking the time to have a look at how I created this page. Please have a go - you could change the images, shapes and colours. If you are inspured please share your make in the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook group. 

Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...