Sunday, November 06, 2022

Alison CT - Mixed Media Tag.

Good morning everyone, today I thought I would share how I created this mixed media tag.

I began by blending salvaged petina and uncharted mariner distress oxide ink over a Dina Wakely media tag. 

Once the ink had dried completely, I wiped an anti static bag over it, then placed the Alpha grande over it. I then pressed my embossing ink pad over the stencil. Next I remove the stencil and poured weathered wood embossing glaze over the tag. I then tapped off any excess and returned it to the jar. Then I heat set it with a heat gun. Put the tag aside to cool.

Next I took the two smaller pueces of honeycomb mdf from the honeycomb pop out sheets. I coloured this with a deep ochre Ecoline pen. Next I chose three numbers from the numbers pop out sheet. These I coloured with the bluish green Ecoline. Then I carefully pushedvout the dragonfly from the honeycomb pop out sheet and coloured the body with the blueish green ecoline. I then carefully applued embossing ink to the wings and sprinkled with Icicle Teal Wow embossing powder, which I then heat set.

Next I stamped the circular ledger stamp three times and the dragonfly word, from the Dragonfly stamp set, onto a seperate piece of card. I then cut them out and blended uncharted mariner distress oxide over the circles and around the edges of the word 

Then I die cut a medium sized circle, rectangle and tag from some contrasting paper from my stash. I also found two postage stamps that would compliment the project. I lightly inked the edges of these with uncharted mariner distress oxide.

Then I glued the die cuts to the tag.

Next I added the postage stamps and the stamped circles.

Next I glued the dragonfly word to the tag.
Finally I edged the tag with uncharted mariner distress oxide and used collage medium to glue the mdf pieces to the tag.
When it was completely dry I added some lace and ribbon through the hole in the tag 
Products used :
Paper and postage stamps from my stash.
Distress Oxide - salvaged patina, uncharted mariner
Ecoline pens - deep ochre, bluish green
Anti static bag
Versamark ink pad
Distress Embossing Glaze - weathered wood
Mdf Pop outs - honeycomb, numbers
Wow embossing powder - icicle teal
Art stamps - dragonfly
Ribbon and lace

Thank you so much for taking a look.
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...