Sunday, January 28, 2024

Alison CT - Bee Crafty Deck Challenge

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing three altered playing cards, as inspirations for the Bee Crafty Deck Challenge, but also using today's January Saver, the D'Inkables set 1.

To begin I covered all three cards with stamping tissue, as my cards are plastic coated. The tissue allowes me to apply any media to the card.

Altered playing card 1
1. Using Dylusions Island Parrot paint, cover the top right and bottom left of the card. Let this dry as green and purple can make mud. Paint the rest of the card with Laidback Lilac Dylusions paint. Leave to completely dry.
2. Using the hexagon d'inkable from set 1 add hexagons using scorched timber distress oxide. When the ink is dry draw round the hexagons using a white posca pen.
3. Next stamp the chevron stamp from the Doodle Art Bee stamp set using fallen leaves versafine clair ink. 
4. Stamp the large bee using fallen leaves ink onto seperate card. Colour it in. I used distress crayons and a wet paintbrush. Glue this to the playing card and cut off excess.
5. Finally I chose some of the bee wordy stickers and cut them down, then glued them to the card.

Altered playing card 2.
1. I blended broken china distress ink over part of the card. 
2. Then using the heart d'inkable from set 1 I blended victorian velvet distress ink over the rest of the card.
3. Next I used the double frond inkable to add texture paste to the card. This was left to dry then I blended evergreen bough distress ink over it.
4. Next I added some script Script background using evergreen bough distress ink.
5. Then I stamped the small tulip from the sketchy flowers three times and coloured it using the same distress inks.
6. Finally I stamped the sentiment, cut it out and added it to the card.

Altered playing card 3
1. I began by blending mystard seed and fossilized amber over the card.
2. Then I blended wild honey distress oxide through the stars d'inkable.
3. Next I used a spatula to apply stickles glitter gel through the star d'inkable and left this to dry.
5. Then I stamped the stars from the stars textures stamp set (discontinued) using versafine clair cheerful and summertime. I then cut them out and glued them to the card.
6. Finally I stamped and cut out the sentiment and glued it to the card.
Products used:
D'Inkables - set 1
Art stamps - script background,  sketchy flowers 1
Wordage stamps - ticker tape 4, mixed messages 2
Distress ink - broken china, victorian velvet, evergreen bough
Dylusions paint - island parrot, laidback lilac 
Distress oxide - scorched timber, mustard seed, fossilized amber, wild honey
Versafine Clair - nocturne, fallen leaves, summertime, cheerful 
Distress Crayons - broken china, squeezed lemonade, crooked broomstick 
Stickles glitter gel - solar flare

Thanks for taking a look.
Alison



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...