Sunday, February 25, 2024

Alison CT - Appreciate Everything

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a card created using the stitch in time and dragonfly stamp sets.

To create the background, I stamped the stitch in time stamp using seedless preserve distress ink, which I spritzed with water and left to dry naturally. 
I then stamped the watch piece of the same stamp on seperate card using the same ink. I then used a damp paintbrush to move the ink on the outer edge of the watch and the winder. When it was dry I cut it out.
Next, stamp the line and dot border from the freehand borders 2 set twice onto the background, also stamp some on a seperate piece of card. I used the same ink as all previous stamping.
Then I stamped the largest dragonfly from the dragonfly stamp set using morning mist versafine clair. I colouredcit with the sniw flurries and winterberries distress crayons, but as these colours didn't quite go with the background I added a watered down layer of seedless preserve distress ink over it using a paintbrush.

Next, I edged the background piece with a black pen and glued it to a card blank.

Then, I cut the extra piece of border into five pieces and edged them with a black pen.

Then, I placed the watch piece over the corresponding area on the background and carefully glued the strips of border so that the ends were tucked under the watch. I then glued the watch in place.

Next I added the dragonfly using foam pads to raise it slughtly away from the card.

Finally, I stamped the sentiment on to a piece of card using versafine clair morning mist, cut it out and glued it to the card. 
PRODUCTS USED:
Art stamps - A stitch in time, dragonfly, freehand borders 2 
Wordage stamps - ticker tape 4
Distress crayons - winterberries,  snow flurries
Distress ink - Seedless preserve
Versafine Clair - morning mist 

Thanks for taking a look. 
Alison 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...