Sunday, February 05, 2023

Alison CT - Collage background

Hi everyone,  today I'm sharing an art journal page that I created using an old book page, washi tape, stencils and the largest mandala stamp.
To begin I tore strips from the washi and used gel medium to stick them to the page in my Dina Wakley 6x6 white journal. I then did the same with a page from an old book. Leave for the gel medium to dry.
Next I spritzer two distress oxides onto the page and lightly sprayed with water. I mopped up any excess with kitchen roll, then dried with a heat gun.
Next I added grit texture paste through a texture disc from set 1 and left this to dry naturally.

I then used a brown micron pen to draw through the brick wall inkable.

Then on a seperate piece of card I stamped the largest mandala from set 1 using a brown ink. I used stazon spiced chai. I then coloured just the flower part of the image using distress watercolour pencils and cut it out. This I then used gel medium to glue to the page.

Next I used one of the journaling girls border stamps to add a bitbof detail to the edges of the page. I also chose a sentiment from ticker tape 4, stamped it with brown ink, cut it out and glued it to the page with gel medium.

Products used:
Dina Wakley gel medium
Bee Crafty Washi Tape - tea stained Francais
Old book page
Distress Oxide spray - walnut stain and squeezed lemonade 
Inkables 6x6 - brickwall
Doodle Art Stamps - Mandalas1
Art stamps - Journaling girls borders 1

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous page love it!

Alison said...

Thank you

Alison said...

Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...