Sunday, February 26, 2023

Alison CT - Grafix Media Journal Page

Good morning. Today I'm sharing a step by step guide to creating this art journal page using the 9x6 Grafix Mixed Media Journal. I have used one of the matte dura-lar pages.

To begin I placed three small blobs of my chosen colours of paint down the side of my gelli plate. I then used a brayer to spread this evenly over the surface. Clean the brayer on a spare piece of card.

Next I placed the stencil over the paint. Then I placed the front of the dura-lar page over the stencil and rubbed gently over it. I then pulled this off and left it to dry naturally.

So as not to waste the paint on the stencil and gelli plate, I spritzed the stencil with water and pressed it down onto another piece of card. I then placed a piece of card over the paint on the gelli plate and created another pull. Some paint remained, so I applied a thin layer of white gesso to the gelli plate, then placed a piece of card over this and created a much lighter pull. These I put away to use on other projects.
Next I put some drops of teal alcohol ink onto my gelli plate. I placed the back of my dura-lar page onto this and rubbed gently. This mived the ink around and coated large areas of the back. I did this on the back of the page for a more subtle effect, so as not to hide the stenciling.

Then I stamped areas of the script stamp with stazon teal ink free hand (not on an acrylic block) on the front of the page. Some I did with second generation.
Next I stamped the grid, from the journal art elements 3 stamp set, with stazon cactus green ink, and the numbers, from the same set, using stazon jet black ink. Both were stamped on the front of the page.
On a piece of white card, I stampedthe three flying dragonflies, from the Dragonfly stamp set, using versafine clair nocturne ink. I coloured them with Ecoline pens then cut them out and glued them to the page with gel medium.

Finally, I stamped the word dragonfly using stazon jet black ink.

Products used:
Gelli plate
Inkables big ones - fern flourish 
Dylusions paints - mushy peas, lemon zest and calypso teal
Alcohol ink - teal
Art stamps - dragonfly, script background and journal art elements 3
Stazon ink - jet black, teal blue and cactus green
Ecoline pens - bronze green, bluish green

Thank you for stopping by and having a look at my project.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...