Sunday, July 23, 2023

Alison CT - Look for Something Positive

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a card made using stamps and mdf.
To begin I sponged white gesso through the damask inkable on to an old book page.
Next I cut a piece of card to 6.5 x 4.5 inches. I used a blending brush to create a rough rectangle of wilted violet distress oxide in the centre of the piece of card. I used my fingers to sprinkle water onto the ink, then dried it with a piece of kitchen roll.

After the ink was fully dry, I used morning mist versafine clair to add freehand areas of the crackle background stamp.
Next I used the same ink to add three of the small coffee stains stamp.
Then I used the splats stamp, freehand and with the grey ink, to add more detail. I used 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation stamping for them. (Sorry forgot to take a photo.)

Next, I stamped the film strip onto the book page, so that some of the white gesso was in the image. 
On a seperate piece of white card and using the morning mist ink I stamped the largest butterfly from the Birds and Butterflies stamp set, two of the smallest flower head from the Dandedaisy stamp set and three of the leafy stem stamp from the sketchy flowers set. I coloured these with watercolour pens then cut them and the film strip out.

I then stamped a sentiment from the Ticker Tape 1 stamp set, using grey ink. I then cut this out.
FinallyI used gel medium to glue everything to the background. I added an mdf key to the butterfly to create its body. This was then mounted on grey card, then on to a 5 x 7 card blank.

Products used:
Old book page
Inkables - damask
Distress oxide - wilted violet
Versafine Clair- morning mist 
Art stamps - birds and butterflies;  sketchy flowers 1
Art stamps backgrounds - asemic splats; crackle background; coffee stains; 
Doodle art - dandedaisy
Wordage - ticker tape 1
Film strip - discontinued 

Thank you for taking a look.
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...