Sunday, November 05, 2023

Alison CT - Christmas samples

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing my samples for the Doodle Art Christmas Tree and Christmas Mixed Messages release.

For my first card I have used the Christmas tree image, which I stamped and heat embossed onto black card. I  coloured the tree with glitter gel pens and blended Hero Arts unicorn white ink around the edges. I stamped the sentiment using tulip red versafine clair ink.

For my next card I stamped the tree image using black ink and coloured it with metalic pencil crayons. For the background I inked the script background with patches of twisted citron, tumbled glass, barn door and mustard seed distress oxide then stamped it centally on a piece of card that was 4.5 x 6.5 inches. I stamped the dotty freehand border with versafine claire morning mist and the sentiment with versafine clair nocturne.

My third sample was made using a stamp platform, as you need to be able to stamp exactly in the same place twice.
First I inked different areas of the stamps with seedless preserve, tumbled glass, mustard seed, barn door and twisted citron distress oxide. I then lightly spritzed the card and stamp with water. I then stamped the image. I left this to fully dry, before stamping over the colours with morning mist versafine claire. I added a sentiment with the same ink.  I blended twisted citron ink around the tree and also through the small dots dinkable from set 3.

The last sample using the tree is a journal page created using media paper off cuts, inkable tags set 2 and 5, the freehand borders stamp set and the asemic splats stamp set.
My next samples use the smalker stamps from the Christmas tree set.
For this card I stamped the baubles twice, one full length and the other shorter, in the top right hand corner of a piece of card that is 3.5 x 5.5 inches in size. I added the sentiment and coloured the bauble image with glitter gel pens. I mounted the topper on black card then onto a 4 x 6 inch card blank.

Fir my next sample I used the cute little Christmas pudding image, which I stamped in two rows. I coloured the image with glitter gel pens. The sentiment was stamoed using versafine clair pinecone ink. I added the birder from the freehand border set and coliured with a red glaze pen.
My final three samples use the three small snowflakes.
For the first one I drew through the 6" circle easy frame with a pencil and then freehand stamped the snowflakes using versafine clair twilight, warm breeze and blue belle ink. I then blended tumbled glass distress oxide over the snowflakes. I added the sentiment (from the discontinued Yuletide Doidle Art Snowflakes stamp set) and added sequins. 

For the next card,  I did the same as above, but used the 6" heart easy frame and kitsch flamingo, picked raspberry and seedless preserve distress ink to stamp the snowflakes. I added the baubles image which I stamped with picked raspberry distress ink and coloured with glitter gel pens. I stamped the sentiment with picked raspberry and inked the edges of the topper with the same ink, before gluing it to a 7 inch card blank.
For my final sample I edged a piece of watercolour card, which measures 6.5 x 4.5 inches, with a silver posca pen, then stuck this to a 5 x 7 inch card blank. Then I dropped some blue ecoline watercolour ink diagonally onto the card.  I spritzed this with water and left it to dry naturally. Next I used the sniwflake dinkable from set 4, with uncgarted mariner distrsss ink to add a layer of snowflakes over the blue ink. Finally I randomly stamped snowflakes using an embossing knk and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. I stamoed the sentiment using versafine clair twilight ink.

Products used:
Art Stamps - Freehand Borders 1, Asemic Splats, Script Background
Easy Frames 6" - heart, circle
Dinkables - sets 3, 4
Inkable tags - sets 2, 5
Distress Oxides - various colours
Versafine Clair - various colours
Hero Hues - Unicorn White 

Thanks for taking a look and I hope I've given you some inspiration for these stamps.
Alison 

2 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely stunning cards Alison they all look amazing and lovely with the colourful look x

Alison said...

Thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...