Hello , I’m here this week with another page using Palette colours . Week 34 colours are a lovely mix of pastels and brights , colours my mum would call ice cream colours. This then is my ice cream dragonfly .
The first step was to gather together my inks and decide on big or small journal , as you can see I decided on my small 6x6 journal .
My first step was to layer some colour down on to my page . For this I chose 3 distress inks Picked raspberry ,Scattered straw and Tumbled glass this were applied with blending brushes and allowed to blend together slightly , I then added sone splashes of water and finally bolted.
Then next layer of background was created using Dinkables from sets 15 and 12 and two more inks , distress oxide Fossilised Amber and distress ink Evergreen bough .
Using the Art stamp A stitch in Time and the Picked Raspberry ink I stamped on to my page , for this I didn’t use a stamping block , but just held the stamp in my hand , to create a loose distressed image .
Having decided I would be adding the Doodle Art Dragonfly to my page , I used the small heart stamp from this set to add a chain of hearts down one side of my page which I coloured in with paint pens from the same colour palette .
Using the paint pens some lines and dots were doodled on to my page and my background finished with a stitched border in black fine liner pen .
I then stamped out the Doodle Art Dragonfly and 6 small leaves ,which were then coloured using inks from this weeks colour palette and highlighted with a white Posca pen
After trying my dragonfly and leaves in various positions I finally decided to on this design and glued them in to position . It took a while to decide on the sentiment for this page but finally found these on the Wordy sticker sheet 3B ,cutting them down a little I stuck them on and gave them a scribbled border .
Thank you for taking a look at my step by step , I hope you found it useful and like my “Ice cream dragonfly “
Happy Crafting
Calee
Here are the products used on this page :
6x6 journal , black fine liner pen pen ,white gel pen and a Selection of paint pens .









No comments:
Post a Comment