Friday, February 26, 2021

Birds & Butterflies By DT Ann


BIRDS & BUTTERFLIES 

by DT Ann




I hope you enjoyed the show on Hochanda, here are all my samples, made for the show...   you can watch on Rewind

MDF - birdcages/ clocks 

Products available at : https://www.beecrafty.net/




I covered the cage in crackle paint, when dry I used watered down acrylic paint to colour the cage.  Once dry I glued one of the papers to the back of the cage. Then I stamped & die cut butterflies on acetate, coloured the backs with alcohol pens & glued on to the cage. Added the sentiment. 


This was created using the papers only on a DL Card. 


I used a pale Gelli plate background, then a pale ink to stencil through a mandala Inkable. Then used GellyRoll moonlight pens to add dots. 


I used an old frame .. stamped the Small Words in dark green ink, on to some cream card for the background. Stamped & diecut a butterfly using the same card & ink, then die cut some old book pages with the same butterfly. Glue the centres together ( butterfly) & then onto background in frame. 


Smooshed some Distress Oxides onto the background & added some stencilling with the leaf/branch from the small cage Inkable, starting with pale colours & getting darker. Stencil through the small cage ( Frayed Burlap) & add some pen lines down one side to create depth. Stamp & die cut one each, of the large & small bird... & add a sentiment. 



Gelli print background to start, added Typewriter Alpabet & Small Circles ( from the Stitched Boarder set ) to it, then some lid circles ( dipped in black gesso). When dry I added some doodles in posca black & white pens. Stamped, coloured & die cut the large Swallow. Created a  sentiment using Typewriter Alphabet stamps&  glued to the card . 


Used the papers & die cut a tag, I stuck a couple of extra tag blanks together to add stability. Add some interest with texture discs & Background Stamps in Distress Oxides. Add some doodles & a die cut butterfly with some thread behind it . 


I used Distress Oxide Inks through the Mandala Inkable using Squeezed Lemonade, Crackling Campfire & Spiced Marmalade, I did this 3 times, I then fussy cut each one & layered them using foam pads. Finished with some doodles with GellyRoll pens & a sentiment. 


This one took a long time.. painting the background first using pinks, blues & greens. The I used some texture paste through the branch Inkable & left it to dry. I added some stamping to the background using lots of @beecraftystamps. I created a patina/rustic effect on the 3 clocks. Embossed the MDF butterflues in white, stamped & used gilding flakes on the Swallow then die cut it out.. again I added 3/4 extra layers for stability. 


Last one ... was created using paints, washi tape, stencils & the ledger is in the background.Added some Posca marks & 2 die cut butterflies... Matt & layer onto a 6x6 card.
 
Any questions please ask ... 

 Thanks for stopping by... Ann x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...