Friday, February 05, 2021

Moonlight.. by DT Ann


Moonlight.. 





If I’m really honest my mojo has been awol this week maybe it’s because of a partial take over in my craft space, by my hubby.  It meant a declutter & move around, I’m getting used to it but not his choice of radio station!!

 I lost a stamp, discovered an unused stencil & found the stamp again after ordering another.. hey ho. 

Sat at my desk I looked for something I hadn’t used in a while & something I’d recently enjoyed using & I ended up creating this journal page... 


Dina Wakley 6x6 journal 

Black Gesso & Collage Medium 

Stamps: La Luna, StarsTextures, Over the Moon

D’Inkables: Sunset & Splatter

Distress Oxides:Tumbled Glass

Distress Oxide Sprays: Frayed Burlap & Stormy Sky

Staton Ink: Jet Black

Dina Wakley Media Collage Papers

GellyRoll Moonlight Pens

Distress Crayons

Tissue Paper, White Posca, pale blue acrylic paint


https://www.beecrafty.net/



Find a double page spread & using black Gesso cover the edges of your pages to create a frame.. 


Add some washi tape strips randomly across the pages. 



Paint across the pages concentrating on the centres. 



Spritz the pages with Distress Oxide Sprays & leave to dry. 



Meanwhile stamp a moon, some planets & the small stars onto tissue paper with Stazon ink. I used this ink because it’s good on painted surfaces, plastic & to watercolour on, it dries quickly too. (This journal is very textured & difficult to get a clear image onto, using the tissue gives you a better image).



Using a water brush or a paint brush & water, draw around each image on the tissue & tear out each one. 

Use Distress Collage Medium stick the stamped images to your pages. 

Choose a sentiment (you could do the tissue technique again) I chose one from the Dina Wakley collage papers, again use the collage medium to glue it to your pages. Leave to dry (it doesn’t take long) .



Stencil using the D’Inkable Sunset, in Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, in a few places across your pages. Add some shading with Distress Crayons, around the moon.


(Before hi lights are added)



Use the splatter D’Inkable & a moonlight pen to add a splash of colour.. and hi light the planets & sentiment. Add some circles from La Luna & some mini stars randomly ( in Stazon ink) & white Posca splatters across the pages. 

To finish I added some GellyRoll moonlight circles around the sentiment..




Thank you for stopping by ... Ann xx

4 comments:

CraftyJan said...

I love this, obsessed with moon these days as it is, this fab!

Anjoy64 said...

Thank you! So lovely to get feed back πŸ‘

Anjoy64 said...

Thank you! So lovely to get feed back πŸ‘

Anjoy64 said...

Thank you! So lovely to get feed back πŸ‘

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...