Sunday, February 14, 2021

Lou Sims - Easy doodling using Inkables Masks & Stencils

 Happy Sunday everyone. It's Lou Sims and I'm super, super chuffed today to share one of my doodle projects on "THE" Bee Crafty Blog.

I've used a selection of Inkables masks & stencils to create at least 80% of my doodle design ...


MY DOODLE PROJECT

Bee Crafty Inkable stencils & masks are fabulous ways to create backgrounds and/or designs which I can then freehand doodle inside. Why do I choose them? For me it's because they come in to 2 different sizes which means I can either layer designs up size-wise or I have the ability to create smaller or bigger backgrounds.

My design for this doodle started with a circle in the bottom right and gradually grew from there. Designs have been linked with either free hand doodles or another stencil/mask design. I have used a Sakura black micron pen - 01 in size - to start to mark the outlines.

I am a great advocate in using stencils/masks etc  with doodle projects. They take away the possible fear factor especially if you are unsure where to begin or even what shape to use to start a doodle. 

After I have the majority of the design down, next comes the colour ...


I decided to use Ecolines to colour my project as they give quick coverage & their colours are super bold & bright. The colours blend together wonderfully whether you use water, the blender brush or alternatively, layering colour on top of each other.

As final finishing touches, I doodled inside the main circles using the wonderful Queen Bee Bullet Journal stencils. These gave the scallop edges, square hanging designs & also the smaller coloured elements.

As an "added extra", using a ruler and an 01 & 005 micron pen, I drew lines across the background, adding a few dots at either end.

As the final final finishing touch, out came the white pen to add a few highlights here & there, plus 

YOUTUBE VIDEO

This doodle was created during a Facebook Live and it is now uploaded to my YouTube channel. Click on the link below to see the whole process along with my ideas, hints & tips using Bee Crafty Inkables to help you begin doodling with confidence.


SUPPLIES

Below are the main supplies I used, all of which can be found in the Bee Crafty store.

I'm hoping that this post sparks you in to grabbing your Bee Crafty Inkables to create your own doodle designs. Don't forget to share your ideas as I love seeing what shapes &/or designs were your inspiration to doodle.

Many thanks to Bev & Sam for letting me "high jack" the blog today & hope to see you all again really soon.

Take care & be safe,

Lou 
xxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...