Monday, February 08, 2021

Sally DT - A flowery birthday greeting

 


 Hi there! I am here with a 15cm square bright and happy birthday card. With grey cold weather and potential snow I decided to go for hot colours.


I began by making a background using Distress oxide inks in Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral and Worn Lipstick. I swiped the ink pad on to a piece of acetate, misted with water and applied to the card. It is smooshing but with more accuracy as you can see where you are putting the colours. 

I dried with a heat tool before using Inkable mandala 1 to Sponge more Abandoned coral distress oxide through, then splattered with water. I set this aside to dry.


Next I stamped 3 flowers and the leaves from the regular Doodle Art dragonfly set on to watercolour card using versafine clair ink.

I coloured them with Ecoline brush pens and cut them out. I then matted and layered the background onto a 15cm square card. I also gave the flowers a coat of collage medium (I used one with a gloss finish)

I arranged and attached the flowers and leaves to the background using 3d glue and added some glossy accents to the centre of the flowers. 


I stamped the sentiment from Everyday Sentiments 2 onto the background with versafine clair ink, being careful not to smudge the glossy accents.

 Here is another look at the finished card. 


Thanks for looking! 

                    Sally x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...