Sunday, January 01, 2023

Alison CT - Chevrons and Circles

Hi everyone, and a Happy New Year. I thought I would start the new year in a new journal, the Dylusions Classic and I decided to challenge myself by starting on a black page. 

To begin I used a wet paintbrush to help me tear the white edges off of one of the catalyst papers. I then misted the paper with water. Then I applied gel medium to the black page. I carefully placed the catalyst paper onto the glue and added more gel medium to seal it to the page. 
The water makes the catalyst paper more translucent, which muted the colours as I was applying to a black page. If you want brighter colours don't mist the paper. I then dried the page with my heat gun.

Next I sponged lemon zest dylusions paint through the Bakewell big ones. Then I applied texture paste through the chevrons dinkable from set 5. Make sure to clean your stencils imediately after use. Leave the page to dry.

Using black soot distress oxide with the dinkable in the photo I added several areas of chevrons to the page.

Then I used the overlapping circles stamp from the Art Backgrounds stamp set and the small scribbled circle from the Journal Art Elements 3 with black soit distress oxide to add more to the background. I then dried this with my heat gun.

Next I used my white pisca pen to add dots to the thicker circles of the Art Background stamp.

I then cut the excess acetate away from the Seen Transparency and completely covered the back of the image with gel medium, using a brush, and stuck it to the page. The gel medium will dry clear.

Finally, I added a sentiment from the Small Words stamp set, which I had stamped using versafine clair nocturne ink.
 
Products used:
Media Papers - Catalyst 2
Wordage - Small Words stamp set
Art Stamps - Art Elements 1, Journal Art Elements 3
Inkables Big Ones - Bakewell 
Inkables - D'Inkables - Set 5
Dylusion Paint - Zesty Lemon
Distress Oxide - Black Soot
Versafine Clair - Nocturne

Thank you so much for taking the time to read how I created this page. Please share any makes you may be inspired to create in the Bee Crafty Facebook group.  the https://www.facebook.com/groups/1511225329105390/?ref=share

Alison.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...