Sunday, April 16, 2023

Alison CT - Inspired by Bev

Good morning everyone. Today I'm sharing how I made this card, that was inspired by one Bev made, as inspiration for the challenge in the Facebook group.

My version.

Bev's inspirational card.

I wanted to keep the main focal point in the bottom left, but want to use a dragonfly rather than a bird. I also wanted stenciling in the background. I decided to keep three curcles and a sentiment, but didn't want the rainbows, but wanted to replace them with the two lines of squares, but decided to put them at the top not the bottom. Read on to find a step by step guide to my card.

To begin I blended Twisted Citron distress oxide through the branch inkable tag from set 4.

Next I blended twisted citron and rustic wilderness around the edges of the card and across the top right corner.

Then, using a grey ink pad, I stamped the doodle art dragonfly in the bottom right corner. Don't worry if it's not perfect as it is being used as a guide for the next step.

Next I stamped the two different styles of leaves from the Journaling Essentials 2 stamp set using black and two different shades of green ink, so that the ends of the leaves will be hidden by the dragonfly.

Next I stamped the dragonfly on a seperate piece of card using black ink. Colour it, I used watercolour pencils, then cut it out. 


Next I added more subtle texture to the background by stamping the strip of squares and the two different sizes of crosses, from Journaling Essentials 2, using twisted citron distress oxide.

Next I chose one of the small circles and stamped it three times using rustic wilderness distress oxide.

Then I stamped one of the sentiments from the incredible words stamp set using black ink and then glued the dragonfly to where I had stamped the grey one earlier. Finally I mounted the piece onto black card,  then a white card blank.
Products used
Art Stamps - journaling essentials 2
Wordage stamps - incredible words
Distress oxides - twisted citron, rustic wilderness
Versafine Clair - rainforest, shady lane, morning mist, nocturne

Thank you for taking a look and I hope I've inspired you to have a go at the challenge, where you could win free stamps.

1 comment:

aussie aNNie said...

Alison, oh I love this... the doodle art stamps are just gorgeous x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...