Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Caroline - Art Journal Page - Live Learn Create

 Art pages are not something I do very often, but I would like to do more. I thought it would be a good way of using up some of my 12×12 paper too and this spotty paper would make a good base. I was pleasantly surprised how it stood up to having ink all over it too, stayed nice and flat ready for me to add to my mixed media spiral pad, which will then be a base for a homemade art journal book!!

I cut the 12×12 piece to fit onto the A5 pad when finished.

I used the Birds & Bees stamp set XL and Journaling Girls:Arrows.

Stamp the large butterfly with embossing ink and then heat emboss with white powder.

I chose a colour palette with Distress Oxides:

Smooshed the ink over the page.

Added some stamped images from the Arrows set and then splattered with black paint.

I drew a random shape with white gel pen onto black cardstock – inspired by a shape I saw by Birgit Koopsen-Bernstein. I coloured randomly in the leaves using Inktense pencils, and fussy cut. Drew and fussy cut the ‘rainbows’.

I then glued the black shapes to the page, ready then to be added to my spiral album. Stamped a sentiment.

I will, at some point, add these pages into an art book but that is a project for another day!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...