Thursday, January 13, 2022

Sue CT - I See You

I see You

 

Hi and welcome to the blog today. I don't think I am ever going to get tired of the Faces stamps, they are so stunning, and I have used them in my 8x8 journal this week.



 

Products Used 

 


 

I started by blending Peacock Feathers, Kitsch Flamingo and Salvaged Patina Distress inks on my page and dried them with my heat gun.




Whilst waiting for this page to cool down completely, I stamped the hexagon section of the Scripted Bee stamp onto Dina Wakley Collage paper with Archival Ink. Once this was dry, I ripped it into small strips to use instead of a pre-made collage paper. I used Matt Gel medium to stick them along each side of the journal.




I have then taken the various stencils listed at the beginning of this post and used them randomly over the page. I used a contrasting ink colour over each colour section to balance the page. I have also used both the positive and negative of the circle lattice stencil from set 2 by spritzing gently with water.

 


I have cut 2 of the Bee Crafty Tag Dies in white card and stamped the Face stamp on the larger tag using Versamark Ink and heat embossing with black fine embossing powder, and just stamping the words from the Handwritten Words stamps on the smaller tag with Archival Ink. I added a small bit of colour to the lips and eyes of the face.  

  



Once the tags were dry, I went around the edges with some Kitsch Flamingo ink to tie in with the page, but I picked up the wrong brush and used the one I had been using for the Peacock Feathers Ink, so the colours have blended to a more purple tone. I actually liked the effect so decided to leave it, rather than redoing the tags! A happy accident!!! 



I then stuck them onto black card and cut a small border all around to make them stand out on the page.

 


I decided to add some stamping to the page and chose the intertwined circle from the Journal Art Elements set. I have stamped using all of the inks at various points on the page. I added some detail to the collage paper with a Posca pen. I also added a small amount of Gloss Spray splatters over the page.

 




I stamped round the edge of the page using one of the stamps in the Stitch Border stamps. and finally, stuck the tags onto the page and used my white Posca pen to add the final details. 

Many thanks for looking at the blog today, hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

 

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...