Monday, January 17, 2022

Sally CT - Vintage Tag

 Hi there! I have made another tag this week, and this time I have gone for a vintage vibe. Here is how I made it.

I began with a Dina Wakely size 10 mixed media tag. (I cut 2 cm from the bottom as I intend adding it to a journal page later.) 

I used a blending brush to apply distress oxide inks over the whole tag.
I splattered water and sprayed a little Distress oxide spray in wild honey across the tag. 
When it was dry I used the metalwork alpha 6x6 inkable to add the numbers top and bottom.
I stamped the dotty borders around the tag, 

then added the smaller stamp from the ledger measure down the left side.
I stamped the pocket watch stamp (no longer available, but there is a pocket watch a little smaller that you could stamp then cut out on the other Ledger measure stamp) onto a book page using versafine clair pinecone ink . I blended a little distress oxide ink on it to age it and cut it out. 

Using collage medium, I stuck it to the tag and left it to dry.
I stamped the Time sentiment in versafine clair ink onto a scrap of Dina Wakely collage paper and cut it out. 
I worked out where I wanted to place each part of the sentiment before sticking it down with more collage medium. 
Here is the finished tag with a gold mat and some lace and twine added.
This is what I used:
Pocketwatch stamp
Versafine Clair ink in Pinecone
Book page

Tomorrow, Bev and Sam are on The Craft Store at 1pm with some gorgeous new tag inkables that are a Must-have! I do hope you can watch! Here is a sneaky peek at one of the samples. 

I will be doing a Try it out Tuesday takeover Facebook Live tomorrow evening at 8pm over on the Bee Crafty Facebook page. Hope you can join me!
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...