Sunday, August 13, 2023

Alison CT - Walk your own way

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing a guide to creating this art journal page.

To begin I ripped an old book page to fit a page in my A5 journal. After gluing it to the page with distress collage medium, I dry brushed it with white gesso.
Next I used my finger to apply island parrot, mushy peas and crushed grape Dylusions paint to the left hand side of the page. I heat dried each colour, after applying, as I didn't want them to blend.
Then I applied a swipe of white gesso over the paint, again using my finger. I then left this to dry.

Next I ripped off,  approximately, a 4cm strip of the tea stained français washi tape and used collage medium to stick it to the page.

Using versafine clair nocturne ink, I stamped one and a half times the length of the squares strip, from the Journaling Essentials 2 stamp set, down the right hand side of the page.

Next I inked a small portion of the ledger stamp, with versafine clair nocturne, and stamped it over the paint and washi area.

I then added the circle freehand border, using versafine clair nocturne, next to the squares.

Next I stamped the flower, stem and leaves, from the journaling essentials 3 stamp set, directly onto the page. I straightened the stem stamp on my acrylic slim before stamping. I then coloured it with Ecoline pens. 

Finally, I cut out my chosen sentiment from the Transparency Prints A5  Walk Your Own Way and coloured the back with white pisca pen before gluing it to the page with collage medium.

Products used:
Old book page
Washi tape - Tea Stained Français
Dylusions paint - crushed grape, island parrot, mushy peas
Versafine Clair- nocturne 
Art Stamps - Journaling Essential 2 and 3, Ledger and Nibs, Freehand Borders 2
Super skinny Slim - border, circle
Ecoline pens - 654, 201, 231
Transparency Prints A5 - Walk your own way

Thanks for taking a look.
Alison

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...