Saturday, July 17, 2021

Jane DT - Floating Jellyfish Card

 Hello!

This week I have created a card which incorporates some acetate to create floating jellyfish...


1) I started by creating a sea like background on watercolour cardstock using some of the Pretty Gets Gritty amazing sprays...


2) Next I added some explosion powder to texture paste and put it through one of the big inkables...


3) To create a bit of sea foam I added some splatters with gloss spray...


4) For extra interest I used the bubbles from the Jellyfish stamp set and coloured them in with white pen...


5) For the focal points I wanted to add some jellyfish but without losing any of the details and to give a bit of a floating effect.  I decided to stamp them onto a piece of heat resistant acetate and embossed them using black powder.  To add colour I painted some shimmer paint onto the back of the acetate and then added white pen to the front for extra details...


6) To attach the acetate to the background I used a brad in each corner, then mounted this with foam onto a piece of black cardstock.  Then I stamped out a sentiment onto black card and heat embossed in white before mounting all the pieces onto a card blank...



Here are links to the products I used:

* Art Stamps - Jellyfish  Half price in end of line
* Pretty Gets Gritty Amazing Sprays - Coastal Waters, Emerald Haze, Deep Ocean

Thank you for looking and happy crafting!
Jane xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...