Monday, July 19, 2021

Sally DT - See the Stars plaque

                                                     

Hi There! I've got a little mdf plaque mixed media project for you today. Here is how I made it.

I stuck some of the mdf space pop outs onto one of the pages from the mdf tag journal and painted them with black gesso. You could also use one of the mdf tags and add additional holes. The space pop outs are available on the Craft Store Website. 
Next I used a dry brush to lightly paint white gesso across the pop outs.
when this was dry I sprinkled with Pretty Gets Gritty Explosion powders in Mermaid, Neptune and Unicorn.
These were activated with water from a mister bottle.
Once the explosion powders were dry I used the unicorn white ink to stamp the border, circles and swirls onto the mdf.
I selected 6 pop out stars and sprayed them with Dina Wakely gloss sprays and left them to dry.
I stamped the sentiment using the white ink on to heat resistant acetate and heat embossed it with fine detail white embossing powder.
I stuck the sentiment to the bottom of the mdf using gel medium and splattered a few drops of white gloss spray over the plaque.
I added some black ricrac through the holes and stuck the stars to it using gel medium. I also gave the plaque a light spray with a spray varnish to seal it.
And here it is hanging on the wall. 

Here are links to the products I used:

Thanks for looking! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...