Monday, July 12, 2021

Sally DT - A shimmery tree card

 


Hi there! I had so much fun making this tree card I thought I'd do a step by step tutorial for it today.

I used 

A blank 15x15cm ivory card

A 14.5 square piece of watercolour card

Speckled Egg Distress Oxide spray

Peeled Paint Distress oxide ink

Inkables Skylines Horizon 1

Beau-tanicals -Large branch and tree set

Versafine Clair Pinecone ink

Easy frame circle inkable 

mister

Pretty Gets Gritty Explosion Powders in Mars, Mermaid and Atlas

Everyday Sentiments 1 

Doodle Art Dragonfly XL stamps 

liquid glaze or glitter glue

I began by using the skyline inkable and peeled paint ink to make the foreground.


 Next I lightly sprayed the top part of the card with the speckled egg spray. In retrospect I should probably have done the spray first and the blending second as I needed to wipe away a few spots of ink from the green area.

Next I stamped the tree in the centre with the waterproof ink. Versafine, Versafine Clair and Archival are all suitable for this.
I place the circle inkable over the branches of the tree and used the mister to spray lightly with water.
I then sprinkled with the explosion powders

When this was dry I added a sentiment bottom right and edged the panel with more brown ink.

I attached it to the base card, but it didn't seem quite finished, so I looked through my doodle art stamps and found the hearts on the Doodle Art dragonfly set. I stamped them top right and used a translucent red glaze on them.
Here is the card....
and a final look at the shimmer from those explosion powders...

Thanks for looking! 

1 comment:

decoupat said...

It's beautiful Sally x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...