Saturday, July 24, 2021

Jane DT - 'Hello You' Arrows Card

 Hello!

This week for my blog post project I wanted to try to create a card where I kept some white space!  This can be quite challenging for me but hopefully you will think I succeeded...

1) I recently bought two of the newer Dylusions shimmer paint colours and really wanted to use the Polished Jade.  So I used my brayer to apply some of the paint then added some Lime shimmer paint as well...


2) To create a background I stamped a selection from the Journaling Girls Arrows set with black archival ink...



3) I wanted to add some pops of colour and decided to go with red, using the scarlet Ecoline pen, then some green to enhance the question mark circles.  To really make the designs pop I used white gelly roll pen to add extra details...


4) To finish off the card I just wanted to add a sentiment and some extra hearts.  I used some words from Everyday sentiments 1 and the heart from Journaling Girl Sam...


5) These were then added to the card with some foam to raise them slightly, I felt that only three hearts were needed so will use the others in another project.  The whole card was then matted onto black and then the card blank...



Here are links to the products used:


I think this background would be good fun to recreate in an art journal, so I think I may try it with a different colour combination!

Thanks for looking and happy crafting!
Jane xx





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...