Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Ali CT - Be Strong Journal Page

This week I'm sharing a colourful patchwork page on my little white journal. Started off in a rather solemn mood but after getting my paints out and listening to a bit of Rammstein, I'm feeling much jollier.
Bev and Sam have been showing us how we can use the printed acetates from the stamp packaging recently. The stamps can be stored on the laminated sheet so the printed acetate is spare!.
I chose a blank page in my Dina Wakley 6" white journal and picked some Dylusions paints - Lemon Zest, Calypso Teal, Bubblegum Pink and Fresh Lime.
Starting with the Lemon Zest I painted in some sections with a flat 3/4" brush.
Then painted with the Calypso Teal using a 1/2" flat brush.
Added some sections with Bubblegum Pink.
And filled in with Zesty Lime.
Dried the page with a heat tool and holding the stamp with my fingers, stamped some of my favourites from the Bee Crafty Art Journal Elements 3 in black versafine ink. I left the centre left area alone.
Dried the page again and applied an anti static pad. Stamped the hearts with white pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
Painted in the eyes on the back of the printed acetate from the Bee Crafty Art Stamps Faces - Seen using white bleed proof ink and a bit of the Calypso Teal Dylusions.
Stamped words from the Incredible Words onto white card and mounted them onto black card.
Used the Matt Distress Collage gel medium to fix the acetate, a small blob on each corner.  Then red liner tape to fix the sentiments in place - over the edge of the acetate. Weighted down the acetate as it dried. Lastly added a couple of gems to the top right.

I hope you have enjoyed this week's project and thank you for visiting xxx

Products Used

  • Black & White card

  • White bleed proof ink, red liner tape, paint brushes, scissors, anti-static pad

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...