Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Be More by CT Ann


 Be More 

By CT Ann 


When sorting out my craft space I came across samples I'd made for the Doodle Bloom release.  One of my favourite makes, pic at the end,  inspired me to create this weeks blog post. 


Stamps: Journal Elements 3 / Birds & Butterflies XL / Ticker Tape 4 / Stitched Boarders

Birds & Butterflies Dies XL

Ecoline Pens 

Versafine Clair:  Twilight 

Archival Ink : Garden Patina

Distress Oxide Ink:  Peacock Feathers 

Acetate / water bottle / paint brush /watercolour paper / white pen 


https://www.beecrafty.net/


Cut a piece of watercolour paper  to 4.5” x  6.5” (to fit a 5”x7”card). 

Choose 3 complimentary Ecoline Brush Pen colours, I chose Deep Green 602, Fir Green 654 & Prussian Blue 508.

Scribble a few lines across the acetate using the mid-colour (654) lightly spritz with water & place across (landscape) your piece of paper …



Repeat using the lighter colour (602), letting the colours merge a little… 


Add the darkest colour (508) but only scribble a few short lines before spritzing… 

Whilst your background is drying stamp some butterflies in Twilight (dark blue) Versafine Clair ink, onto a separate piece of paper. Emboss in clear embossing powder & cool. Colour each one with the same colour Ecoline pens used for your background…



Die cut the butterflies… 


Stamp the ‘splatter’ boarder from the Stitch Boarder stamp set across the centre of your background… 


Using Twilight again, stamp the grid from the Journal Art Elements 3 above & below the central line just stamped. I removed ink from parts of the stamp, lined up with the previous grid to give an elongated effect… 


Decide where you want to place your butterflies & stamp some ‘wire circles’ from the Journal Elements set in those places. I used Archival Ink in Garden Patina for this… 


With the Peacock Feathers ink I added some circles from the same stamp set, giving me my finished background.. 



I chose a sentiment from Ticker Tape 4 set, stamped in Twilight, cut out & layered onto a piece of coloured card… 


Glue sentiment & butterflies on to the background, mat & layer onto coloured card & add a few details with a white pen … 

Here’s the card I used for inspiration … 


Thank you for stopping by… Ann xxx



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...