Saturday, August 06, 2022

Sally CT - Blue...

 

Over in the Bee Crafty Stamps Facebook group, our challenge theme for this month is 'blue', so I made this card as a little inspiration. 

I began by blending three shades of blue oxide ink over a 15cm square piece of mixed media card.
I splattered it with water and brushed pewter distress spray stain.
Once this was dry I used one of the latest dinkables to add some ink to the background.

I added some distress crackle paste through the brick dinkable with a palette knife and dried with a heat gun. 

I used the Journal art elements 3 and distress oxide inks to add some stamping to the background.
On a scrap of watercolour card, I stamped the largest of the dandedaisies and coloured it with ecoline pens before cutting it out. 
On an 18cm square card, I used the new texture discs to add a little shading. 

I stamped a sentiment from ticker tape 4 in versafine black onto white card and added it to the background, along with the flower using foam pads. 
Here's a close up of the texture and that beautiful flower.
I used:
Distress oxide ink in Prize Ribbon, Uncharted Mariner and Broken China.
Dinkables set 2 and 11

Thanks for looking and please do make something that is predominately blue to enter in the challenge! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...