Sunday, December 31, 2023

Alison CT - Versafine Clair Ink

Hi everyone, today I'm sharing some information and uses of Versafine Clair ink pads.

Versafine Clair is a fast drying oil based ink, which is waterproof, fade resistant and light fast. It is perfect for fine detailed stamping, but is also suitable for silhouette stamps. It can also be used with embossing powder.
However, it is not only a great ink for stamping, it will also blend to create backgrounds and can be used through stencils. There are 24 colours in the range.
Below is a step by step guide to creating an art journal page using only Versafine Clair ink and watercolour paints. 

To begin, I blended charming pink and warm breeze ink over the page. I have found that foam blenders are the best for this. The inks don't blend as smoothly as other ink, but for art journaling this just adds more texture to the background.

Next I blended purple delight through the numbers inkable tag from set 1.
As soon as you have finished wash the inkable as the ink will stain it, although even if it does dry it won't reactivate as it is waterproof. You can not spritz with water and transfer the ink to the page like distress inks.

Next I blended warm breeze through the Moroccan tile inkabke tag from set 1 to add more layers.

Then I used purple delight to stamp one of the coffee stains and the numbers from the coffee stain stamp set. I also stamped the splats, from the asemic splats stamp set, using the twilight ink pad.


Next I added some asemic writing, using the stamp with twilight ink.

Next I used the twilight ink to stamp the film strip (unfortunately this set is now discontinued). I had to extend this by stamping half of it a second time.

I then added stamps from the journaling art elements 3 stamp set using puple delight and warm breeze ink.  I stamped the large numbers using charming pink ink.

On seperate card I used twilight ink to stamp my images and sentiment. I then watercoloured the bird and flowers. Once they were dry I cut them all out.

Finally I glued everything to the page using distress collage medium. 

Products used:
Versafine Clair ink pads - charming pink, purple delight, warm breeze, twilight
Bee Crafty Art Stamps - coffee stains, textures, film strip and circles, journal art elements 3, journaling essentials 2
Bee Crafty Doodle Art  stamps - rainbow birds, dandedaisy
Watercolour paints

Thank you for taking a look and I hope it's helped you to know that versafine clair is quite a versatile ink pad.
Alison 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...