Friday, December 01, 2023

Lynne Guest CT - Merry Christmas Tree

 Hello everyone,

I had another post all ready to go for my third Guest CT spot, when I realised that it is only a few weeks until Christmas, and I have made hardly any Christmas cards yet! Panic mode set in, and I decided I had better try and come up with something nice and quick and easy! And this was the result!


I began by placing the Inkables Snowflake Mask over a 7"x7" base card. I taped the mask to the card with Bee Crafty Stamp & Stencil Tape (22mm wide), making sure that the tape just covered the edges of the card, as in the next photo. 

I sprayed the card with Speckled Egg Distress Oxide spray and blotted off the excess with a sheet of kitchen roll before removing the tape.


Then I painted the snowflakes with DecoArt Glamour Dust, which is a thin medium infused with ultra fine glitter which you apply with a paintbrush. I'm not normally a fan of too much bling, but the Glamour Dust dries clear and leaves a beautifully subtle shimmer. It reminds me of the sparkle when the sun shines on fresh snow on a clear day. Unfortunately, Bev & Sam don't stock it, but I'm hoping to persuade them to! It's really hard to get a good photo of the shimmer, but I think you can just make it out in the next one if you zoom in. 


While the background was drying (which actually doesn't take long at all) I stamped the fabulous new Doodle Art Christmas Tree on a scrap of black card and embossed it in silver. I then took the Merry Christmas sentiment from the Doodle Art Robin stamp set and stamped each word separately with the Christmas underneath the Merry. I was then able to stamp the tag from the Robin set over the sentiment, as shown in the next photo. I cut out both the Christmas tree and the tag, made a hole in the tag with a pokey tool and attached some silver thread.


Almost done! I outlined the snowflake panel first with a black marker (No. 8 Pigma Micron fineliner) followed by a silver Sharpie pen. 



Then all that remained was to stick the tree and tag over the background. Done! A (relatively!) quick and easy card, which took me less than half an hour to make. Hopefully I will manage to get a few more made before the big day!



Anyway, I hope you like it, and thanks for looking!


Here are the links to the products I used:

Inkables Snowflake Mask

Bee Crafty Stamp & Stencil tape 22mm x 25m

Distress Oxide Spray

Doodle Art Christmas Tree stamp set

Doodle Art Robin stamp set

Pigma Micron 08 Fineliner pen


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...