Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Sally CT - Snow Globe Sunrise

Hi there! Thought I would show you how I made this last minute Christmas card today. 

I began by inking through the snow globe aperture with Wilted violet around the edge, Saltwater Taffy next, then mustard seed in the middle.  
I removed the inkable and splattered with water, blotted, and then spattered with some white pearlized watercolour paint.
Once this was dry I stamped the text and snowflake corner stamps in opposite corners, and left to dry again. 
I inked up the snowflakes, using versamark ink and heat embossed, using fine detail silver embossing powder. 
Next I added a sentiment with versafine clair ink and matted and layered onto a base card.
Here is the finished card once more...
And here is a close up of an almost identical card but embossed in gold. 
I used:
6x6" card blank
5.5" square of smooth white card
Distress oxide inks in Wilted Violet, Saltwater Taffy and Mustard seed
water/ pearlized paint/ mica powder  to splatter
Snow Blizzard stamp set (no longer available) 
Distress ink in Spun Sugar
Versamark ink 
Paper for matting and layering. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...