Friday, December 08, 2023

Lynne Guest CT - A quick break from Christmas cards!

We may all be in Christmas mode now (I'm still frantically trying to get my Christmas cards finished!) but there are some poor souls who have the misfortune to have their birthdays this month, and they need cards too! So here's a trio of clean and simple cards that don't take long to make, but ensure that those December folks don't feel forgotten.


For the first one I masked off four squares on a 6"x6" base card using the 45mm wide Stamp & Stencil tape, so I could mask over the edges of the card. I coloured each square by brushing over two co-ordinating colours of Distress Oxide inks, then lightly spraying it with water, blotting it immediately after spraying, to give some texture. Next the Doodleart Dandedaisy, the tiny bee from the Doodleart Bee stamp set, and a sentiment were stamped with Versafine Clair ink. I completed the card with a hand doodled border using a Pigma Micron fineliner pen. 

My second card was even quicker and easier! 

I masked and coloured the squares in the same way as on the first card, this time on a DL card base, stamped the three larger birds from the Sketchy Birds #1 stamp set, and the sentiment, which is from the Small Words set.

The third card is on similar lines - this time I used the 4" Hexagon Easy Frame stencil to make the background for the gorgeous Doodleart Bee, stamped the honeycomb pattern a couple of times as shown, and finished with a sentiment. 


All very simple, but quite effective, I think. No fiddly cutting out or colouring in! I went for the nature theme, but any topic would work with the method. Three cards made in about half an hour! And I have to say I'm quite proud that I managed to produce something with white space!

Right, back to the Christmas card production line!

Thanks for looking.


Here are the links to the products I used:

Doodleart Dandedaisy stamp set

Sketchy Birds #1 stamp set

Doodleart Bee stamp set

Hexagon Easy Frame 4" Inkable

Small Words stamp set

Distress Oxide Inks

Versafine Clair Ink (Nocturne)

Stamp & Stencil tape 45mm x 20m x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...