Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Ali CT - No One is Perfect

I had a play with the latest Bee Crafty Faces, love the androgynous look of Seen, really cool for the teenagers and millennials in our lives. I finally fell in love with Saltwater Taffy, it did take a while but it does look really nice, especially with the new Uncharted Mariner and Villainous Potion Distress inks.
So here's my card .... 

I cut a piece of white 300gsm card, 5" x 7", squished a bit of Saltwater Taffy and Uncharted Mariner oxide inks onto my blending mat. Spritzed with water and pressed my card into the ink. 
I dried the card with a heat gun and smooshed it though the ink again and re-dried it. Use a spare bit of white card to mop up the remaining ink on your craft mat.
I used a blending tool to apply Saltwater Taffy distress ink through the Circles 1 Big Inkable over a few places.
Stamped the amazing Faces Seen stamp in the centre of the card with black versafine using my stamp platform. Keep the stamp on the platform for later on.
I created a mask for the face when I made samples for the launch, stamped on scrap paper, cut out with scissors and sprayed stencil adhesive on the back. I keep the mask stuck to the back of the laminated sheet that comes with the stamp set.
I stamped a few of the Journal Art elements 3 stamps using Saltwater Taffy and Uncharted Mariner over the background. Multi stamped the small circles to make larger patches, going over the edge in places.
I stamped the hearts using Villainous Purple distress oxides - a lovely dark purple
Squished a bit of the purple ink onto my glass mat and filled in the hair, lips and T shirt using a paint brush and a little water.
Filled in the eyes with a little of the dark oxide ink.
Used a white Posca pen to whiten the eyes and add highlights to the hair and face. I dried the card with a heat gun and went over it with an anti static pad.
I put the card back into my stamp platform and re-stamped the face with black versafine, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
I put the mask back on the face and brushed Uncharted Mariner ink around the edges to make it stands out more. Then outlined the hearts with a white pen and the circles & splats with a black fine liner pen.
Stamped a sentiment from Handwritten Words 2 onto a mop up card using black versafine ink and clear heat embossed it. I fussy cut around the sentiment with scissors, fixed to black card and cut around it leaving a 1/8" border.
Applied black ink around the edge of the panel, coloured the earring with a gold sharpie pen and doodled a dot dash dot border around the card. Attached the coloured panel to a black card with a 3/16" border.
I fixed the panel to a white A5 card blank using pva glue and used foam pads to attach the sentiment.
I am temped to add more white heat embossed elements, so there may be an update 😀.
I hope you have enjoyed this project and thank you for stopping by
Ali xxx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...