Friday, June 24, 2022

DT Sharon - Butterfly Card

 Butterfly Card by DT Sharon


My DT post today features several Bee Crafty stamp sets, an Inkable and a gel plate. Time to get messy!


First of all I covered the gel press with a lighter shade of orange using a brayer. I then carefully placed the Bee Crafty Distressed Diamond Inkable on top. I brayered on some of the darker shade. 


It looks a bit messy when you've done it but stay with me!


Take the Inkable off and brayer over a thin layer of white paint. Take a print onto white paper/card.


Here's how my print looked. 


Next I made my own washi tape using a small butterfly stamp . I used a Stazon black ink to ensure it wouldn't wipe off.


Now for my images. I stamped them in black ink and clear embossed them. I then used alcohol pens to colour the images and highlighted them with a white pen.


For my background I used several Journal Art Elements stamp sets. I stamped them and then used clear embossing powder so they wouldn't smear. I then did a bit of doodling with a white pen.


And here is my finished card. I placed the image onto the card so I could plan where my washi tape would go and then added it. I adhered all my images. For the butterflies I only adhered them down the middle so I could lift the wings. I white embossed the sentiment onto a piece of black card. To finish off I added some stickles to the centers of the butterflies and then "splatted" the card with a white pen.

Products Used:

Distress Oxide Inks - Festive Berries
                                     Carved Pumpkin

Have a lovely weekend!

Sharon x




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...