Thursday, June 02, 2022

Sue CT - Jubilee

Sue CT– Jubilee

 

Hi everyone. I hope you are all enjoying the Platinum Jubilee celebrations happening this week. Because of this, I have decided to use my 6x6 journal and the generous download that Bev included in the Bee Crafty Facebook group of Union flag pennants. If you don’t already belong to the group, come and join us for loads of fun and a great group of Bee Crafty addicts.


 

Products I Have Used

Union Flag Pennants available from the Bee Crafty Facebook Group

Bee Crafty Stamps

Doodle Art Bird House and Matching Dies

Doodle Art Sky Terrace and Matching Dies

Doodle Arts Villa Rose and Matching Dies

Ticker Tape Words 3

Inkables

Big Ones Clouds

Inkable Skyline – Horizons 1

Inkable Skylines – Horizon 2

Ranger Distress Texture Paste Matte

Ecoline Printable Paper

Black Versafine Clair Ink

Micron Pen

6x6 Dina Wakley Journal

Scraps of White Card

Scraps of Black Card

Inktense Blocks

 


I decided to use my Inktense blocks this week for a change, but you could use colouring medium that you like to create the background. I started by painting a random skyline on the page and then allowed to dry.


 

Next, I used the clouds Inkable and Ranger Matte texture Paste to create the clouds in the backgrounds. Once this was dry, I used the Inkable Skylines to create a series of hills with my Inktense blocks.


 

I then resized the pennants from Bev’s download, printed them several times and cut them out.


 

Next, I stamped the Sky Terrace house on Ecoline paper along with several trees and clouds from this and the other sets listed.



I painted them with the Inktense blocks and then die cut them out using the matching dies. They are fairly easy to cut but the dies make it a lot quicker and easier as you can cut several different shapes with just one pass of your machine.


 

Using a pokey tool, I made a small hole in the corners of the pennants and threaded them onto a piece of sewing cotton to give the impression of flying. I then attached them to the corners of the 2 houses I was using to look festive.


Finally, I stamped the words onto a scrap of white card and backed them onto black to make them stand out. I used a black micron pen to create a border around the edge of the page.

 

 Thank you for looking at the blog this week. I hope you all enjoy the Jubilee weekend and get a chance to relax.

 

 

 

  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...