Saturday, June 25, 2022

Sally CT - Wild and Free Swallow tag

Hi there! Thought I would indulge myself in a bit of messiness since I can access all my craft stuff now! I decorated an MDF tag and this is what I did. 

I began by giving it a couple of coats of gesso. 

Whilst it dried I mixed a few shakes of Mars explosion powders with some translucent distress crackle paste in a milk bottle lid (You won't need any more than this) 
I applied it with a palette knife through the tag inkables. This was set aside to dry naturally until the crackles appeared (There will be little or no crackle if you use a heat gun)
I sprayed the tag with Dylusions and metallic spray stains. I also added a few shakes of explosion powders before setting aside to dry. At this stage a few bits did flake off, so once dry I sprayed it with a spray varnish. 
On a piece of white card I stamped and coloured the swallow using versafine clair ink and ecoline pens. I then cut it out using the matching die. 
Next I stamped the mandala in versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I coloured it with ecoline pens and cut it out
I added the swallow and the mandala to the tag using gel medium, then added a sentiment and a ribbon.
Here's a close up of the crackle 

Here is what I used:
Versamark ink
Spray varnish
scraps of card for the bird, sentiment and mandala
Ribbon

Thanks for looking! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab tag x

aussie aNNie said...

Hey there Sally wowzer love this and the gorgeous colours.. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...