Thursday, June 09, 2022

Sue Live Laugh Dream

Sue CT– Live Laugh Dream

 

I hope you all had a good Jubilee Weekend and are getting back to normal now. This week I have decided to do something quite quick which you can do as a journal page or with a bit of adaptation of size, for a card front. Since it was the Jubilee, I decided to crack open a new journal – it was as good a reason as any that I could think of to start another, so went for the 8x10 Mixed Media Journal from Dina Wakley.

 


 

Products I have Used

 Bee Crafty Stamps

Creativity Words (The small words are no longer available, but the large ones are)

Journal Art Elements 1 and 3

Mandala 1

Stitch Borders

Distress Oxide Inks

Peacock Feathers

Salvaged Patina

Tumbled Glass

Archival Inks

Evergreen Bough

Majestic Violet

Prize Ribbon

Watering Can

Bee Crafty Stamp and Stencil Tape 22mm

Ecoline Pens

Distress Crayons

Halloween Set 2

Holiday Set 2

Distress Collage Medium

Dina Wakley Mixed Media Journal 8x10 inch

Watercolour Card

White Scraps of Card

Fan Paintbrush

 

I started off by placing 5 strips of the stencil tape on my glass mat and coloured them with the 3 Distress Oxide inks and a blending brush. The tape takes the colour really well, although it doesn’t show too well in the photograph.

 

Once thoroughly dry I stamped on the tape using the circle stamps from Journal Art Elements 1 using Evergreen Bough Archival Ink and followed this with Prize ribbon and Journal Art Elements 3.


Again, once thoroughly dry, I used a clear ruler and craft knife to cut the lengths of tape into narrower strips and wove them together to create an element to add to my page. This is a little awkward at first, but you soon settle into the rhythm. I created two sections, one for each corner of the page.


To add some colour to my journal page I put some of the Distress Oxide Ink on my glass mat, spritzed it with water and used a fan paintbrush to sprinkle the page. The fan brush creates very small dots of colour, but you could use any brush that you have to hand. 

I added a small amount of Collage medium to the page to make sure that the strips pf tape  stayed well stuck down and placed one in each corner of the page.

Once dry I added some extra detail to the strips using the Stitch Border stamps and Majestic Violet Archival Ink.

 


I also added some shadows around the edge of my tape using the purple Distress crayon from Halloween Set 2 and smudged it along the edges of the strips.

 


Next, I stamped several of the mandala stamps onto watercolour card using Watering Can Archival ink. 


 I coloured the stamped images using Ecoline pens and cut them to create 2 layered flower motifs to sit in the corners of my page.


Next, I stamped my chosen words onto scrap card, cut them out and went along the edges with the blue and green distress crayons from Holiday set 2 and smudged them using some water and cotton bud and adhered everything to the page.

 

Many thanks for taking the time to look at the blog this week. Have fun for the rest of your week.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...