Thursday, June 30, 2022

Sue CT Faces Seen

 Sue CT Faces- Seen

I hope you are all still enjoying using the latest faces stamps and are having fun with them. They are such an amazing set of stamps with lots of potential for so many different styles. This week I have gone for a clean and simple card for those times when we need something in a hurry. I first saw a similar effect with the stencil on one of Ali’s cards and loved it.




Products I Have Used This Week

Bee Crafty Stamps

Faces Seen

Handwritten Words 2

Art Journal Elements 3

Inkable Big Ones

Abstract 1 

Oxide Inks

Squeezed Lemonade

Wild Honey

Tumbled Glass

Peacock Feathers

Distress Inks 

Saltwater Taffy

Vintage Photo

Ranger Black Archival Ink

7x5 inch card

Black Card

01 Micron Pen



I started by fixing my stencil to the edge of a larger piece of white card to keep it secure. I used the 2 yellow tones to colour the circles and the 2 blue tones to colour the rest of the shapes in the Inkable Big One.

 


I then outlined all the shapes using the fine black Micron pen and removed the stencil to add the details around the edges of the shapes.


I stamped the Faces Seen stamp onto some spare white card and coloured him using Vintage Photo slightly watered down for the hair and then very watered down with a hint of Saltwater Taffy for the skin tone. I also used Peacock feathers for his top. I cut him out leaving a narrow border around the edge.


Next, I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of card and then used Squeezed Lemonade to stamp the small circles from the Art Journal Elements 3 around the edges. Once this was thoroughly dry, I coloured the circles with Peacock feathers which I watered down quite heavily.


I matted the sentiment onto black card and cut down the background to the size I wanted. I then stuck the face overhanging the background before cutting it to match the edge and adhered it to the black card. Finally, I added the sentiment to the top right-hand corner.

 

Thank you for looking at the blog today. I hope you are having fun crafting this week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...